Dental implants are a safe, long-term tooth replacement option that improves the function and appearance of your smile. This technology can benefit many adults who have lost at least one tooth.
Dental implants can be used singly, or in groups to anchor a bridge or set of dentures. For the right patient, they provide a strong, durable solution for tooth loss.
There are many benefits to choosing dental implants.
- Improved teeth function: Dental implants work like natural teeth, allowing you to eat without pain
- Durability: Implants are stable, strong, and stain-resistant
- Better oral health: Since there is no need to alter surrounding teeth to anchor implants, more of your natural teeth are preserved, improving long-term oral health
- Natural looking smile: Dental implants are designed to closely resemble natural teeth, creating an attractive smile
- Improved comfort: Dental implants avoid the uncomfortable slipping of removable dentures and partials
- Clearer speech: Removable dentures can slip within the mouth, causing slurred or mumbled speech, while dental implants remove that concern
- Protecting bone structure: Empty spaces caused by tooth loss can eventually lead to deterioration of the jawbone. Because implants have artificial roots, they prevent this type of bone loss
- Longer-lasting solution: Dentures must be replaced about every five to seven years. Dental implants, when cared for properly, can last decades
If you are missing one or more teeth, dental implants may be the right denture alternative for you. Our oral surgeon will consider many health factors before determining whether you are an appropriate candidate for this procedure. Some considerations include whether you have adequate bone to anchor the implant and the health of your gum tissue. Also important are the locations of your sinuses and nerves, as our doctor must avoid damaging them.
For some patients, we recommend advanced treatment for the upper or lower jaw to ensure there is enough bone to support an implant. However, we recognize each patient’s treatment plan is unique, based on specific needs and personal goals.
If you would like to learn more about dental implants or are ready to schedule a consultation, contact our Lakewood ny oral surgeon team and make an appointment. Our aim is to restore the health and beauty of every smile with precision, comfort and lasting results.